It’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but I’ve had good reasons (which I will share in my next blog post!). With this blog post I share what I’ll be doing with my hair for the month of April 2017.
I spent the first quarter of 2017 trialing well-reviewed products with ingredients that I’ve noticed are great for my hair. The plan was to trial intently the first quarter, discover great products, and then spend the rest of the year benefiting from sticking with said identified awesome products.
I’m elated by how well that plan is working thus far: I found a deep conditioner that actually leaves my hair moisturized AFTER rinse-out, namely the Camille Rose Naturals treatment mentioned below. I also found a mud-poo that leaves my hair in amazing condition, moisturized with oil. I loooooove it. I found a leave-in that is an amazing detangler. I found a gel that applies like a paste that I like better than any gel I’ve tried thus far. I’m so excited about this line-up below and am MORE THAN READY to see what happens if I use the same products for a good month.
Here are the products:
- Scalp cleanser (every full wash day): Silk Elements Pre-Cleanse Scalp Treatment
- Cleanser and detangler (every full wash day): Sheaterra Rosemary Carrot Seed Moroccan Rhassoul Mud-Poo
- Chelating shampoo (as needed): ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
- Cowash (a repurposed deep conditioner to be used on non full wash days): Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque
- Protein treatment (as needed): Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener
- Deep conditioner (every full wash day): Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment
- Moisturizing leave-in (any wash day): Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion
- Sealing and styling gel (any wash day): Curl Prep Curl Crush Around the Way Gel
Honorable mention goes to Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. It is INCREDIBLE, and I may add it to the line-up after the month is up, depending on my styling needs and the results I get with the line-up above.
I’ve joined the April 2017 Styling challenge that a member is hosting at the Long Hair Care Forum. I’m excited! My tentative plan is to do the following (videos demoing each style are included at the end of this post):
- Week 1: Flat twist-out
- Week 2: Crimp roller set
- Week 3: Flexirod set
- Week 4: Deep waver curlformer set
We’ll see how it all fairs! It’s good to be back blogging again. As always, Happy Healthy Hair Journeying!
Crimp roller set
Deep wave curlformer set