I feel that in 2016 I spent too much time, energy, and funds on trialing various hair products. My intentions were pure: I was struggling with dry hair and severe tangling and was searching for a remedy. Regardless, I was determined to avoid spending a lot of time, energy, and funds on hair products in 2017, so I came up with a plan: I would spend the first quarter of 2017 trialing products with ingredients that looked great for my hair and spend the remainder of the year STICKING TO THE GOOD/GREAT PRODUCTS I DISCOVERED.
I realized that an ingredient known as BTMS, or Behentrimonium Methosulfate, is AH-MAZING on my hair, so I was especially on the lookout for products with BTMS high on the ingredients list.
NOTE: BTMS is a conditioning emulsifier. A great description of BTMS-50 Conditioning Emulsifier is available here.
Below is a list of the products and tools I trialed or revisited during the first quarter of 2017 that performed good or great on my hair:
- Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment
- Cantu Apple Cider Vinegar Root Rinse
- Sheaterra Mud-Poo in Rosemary Carrot Seed
- Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water “Style Setter”
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner
- Curl Prep Around the Way Gel
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion
- Mielle Organics Honey and Ginger Edge Gel
- HairFlair dryer attachment (ordered from Amazon, but Sally’s carries it)
- Kimmaytube-recommended Goody Ouchless Flex Updo Barrettes for sectioning the hair for wash day (purchased from Ebay in a larger, discounted quantity)
- Elastic trim (left as strips instead of knotted into a tie) for banding my dried wash-n-go similar to Naptural85’s technique (purchased from Hobby Lobby)
- Red flexirods to use to install 8 flexirods (purchased from Sally’s)
- Color root comb applicator bottle for ease of applying product to the scalp (purchased from Sally’s)
Along with the CurlyProverbz DIY hair growth oil, Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker, Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener, my Kent 16t, my black baby headbands for creating my puffs, my Ouchless stretchy bands for creating ponytail puffs, my handheld blow dryer, and crocodile hair clips . . . these products and tools suffice to get me through all of my hair care activities.
In my next post, I’ll share photos and detailed explanations of the new styling techniques/skills I used during my participation in the April 2017 Styles Challenge at the Long Hair Care Forum.
Until next time! Blessings!