Ever since I went natural (that is, stopped using chemicals to straighten my Afro-textured Type 4 hair), my hair has become a hobby.
At first this happened inadvertently–against my will. 😦 Yes, sadly, that’s true. But now it’s become a hobby for the following two reasons: First, simply out of habit (I had no choice but to put a lot of time into my hair), and second, because the closer I inch toward figuring out my hair, the more addictive it is to try to solve another piece of the puzzle!
So, it is with GREAT joy that I am able today to report the following gains made in the hair department:
- I have found a SUPER EASY way to document my hair journey, and it rocks! Details, including two brief videos I made, will be shared in an upcoming post.
- I have mastered my wash and go.
Yes, mastered! Meaning, it looks great, I can wear it for days, and it does not cause excessive tangles nor single strand knots (SSKs), the latter of which I sometimes have to cut out.
- I have mastered the two-strand twist out.
- I have identified MORE staple and holy grail products.
- I have SHORTENED wash day.
- I have determined how to keep most tangles and single strand knots at bay.
I will discuss each of these as briefly as I can in a series of posts. 😀 I hope you enjoy them! Please feel free to comment, ask questions, provide tips, and the like.