I Just Donated Lots of Products from My 4-Year-Old Hair Products Stash! Win-Win!
I found a women’s shelter that is requesting gently used black hair products!
What?!?? This is awesome. It makes so much sense to pass on sanitary, gently used products to those who need them instead of throwing them away, wasted in the trash bin. I know that when I myself have been in challenging situations, it has meant the world to be able to engage in guilt-free self-care. Donated products support this.
Over the past 4 years since I went natural, I have acquired a stash of products and hardly thrown anything away (just couldn’t bring myself to do it!). Between (1) hair conference swag bags full of products that I didn’t select and (2) personal purchasing in search of a really good regimen, the products have accumulated over these 4 years. I am so glad the products now have a new home.
I dropped the products off at the donation location today, and again, it felt so good to see them going somewhere useful.
Items I donated:
- 26 sample packets of all sorts of products (hair show samples)
- Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1
- Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructor
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
- NaturelleGrow Banana Pre-poo (sample)
- Long Aid Naturals Manuka Honey & Coconut Curling Jelly (hair show sample)
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave-in Conditioner (hair show sample) x2
- Shea Moisture Professional Baotein Precious Oils Complex
- Soultanicals Carrot Shampoo Vitamin Hair Dew
- Shea Moisture Strengthen & Grow Leave-in Conditioner (sample)
- Soultanicals Fro Despair Vitamin Hair Repair
- KeraCare Setting Lotion
- Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator (sample)
- Soultanicals Sprung Coil Boosting Gelly
- ORS 12-n-1 Style Defining Crème Gel (hair show sample)
- Silk Elements Thermal Silk Styler
- Yes to Carrots Normal to Dry Hair Nourishing Conditioner
- Cantu Coconut Curling Cream (hair show sample)
- TGIN soap (Passion Fruit)
- Carol’s Daughter’s Rhassoul Clay Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter’s Rhassoul Clay Shampoo
- Alikay Naturals Cowash Me Cleansing Conditioner
- V05 Herbal Escapes Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Anti-breakage Firm Hold Gel Cream (I like this, but the strong smell bothers some family)
- Palmer’s Zero Break Reconstructor (hair show sample)
- Cantu Extreme Hold Styling Stay Glue
- Pantene Curl Defining Conditioner
- UR Curly Abyssinian Oil (hair show product)
- Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly (hair show sample)
- Hollywood Beauty Macadamian Oil (gift from hair meeting host)
This donation felt so good. I hope the women and children in the shelter find items in the stash they enjoy and that help them feel good about the health and look of their hair. And I pray that their situations continue to improve as they make moves to reposition themselves. I’m so grateful we have places that invest in people. It matters. 🙂
Camille Rose Naturals Mini-Haul: Every Product Was $10!!!
Apparently, I dropped those products off for donation JUST in the nick of time. My Camille Rose Naturals mini-haul arrived in the mail today.
Recently, Camille Rose Naturals offered every product on their website for $10 (with the exception of some body care products that were $5, if I’m not mistaken). Shipping was $1.
I took the opportunity to purchase products that I have been curious about for awhile and to purchase a product that I know works amazingly on my hair but is pricey. I purchased two jars of the Coconut Water line’s deep conditioner (works GREAT on my hair), and I purchased several conditioners/leave-ins/moisturizers that I’ve always eyed but never wanted to pay full price for. I will primarily use the conditioners/leave-ins/moisturizers during my upcoming attempts at the Anthony Dickey Method of doing a wash and go. I want to revisit the technique of weighing the hair down with conditioner. I don’t think I gave that step my full effort/attention the last time I worked on the Anthony Dickey Method. (Please see the video below for an explanation and demo of the method.)
And, oh: If these products don’t happen to work well on my hair . . . well, I know a GREAT PLACE where I can donate them. 😉 God is good! He blesses people so that they may bless others. He creates us to do good works and show love. Something as simple as passing on hair products fits the bill. 😀
How do you manage your hair product stash? Do you donate gently used, sanitary products? Please leave your comments or questions below. I’d love to hear from you!
As always, many blessings!