NOTE: For your convenience, please view and/or download the Reclaiming My Time, Reducing My Split Ends Hair Challenge Form (pdf) and/or Reclaiming My Time, Reducing My Split Ends Hair Challenge Form (.docx) form that supports the hair challenge. Please feel free to modify the .docx as you see fit.
Greetings! I hope this post finds you well! 😀
I will soon be embarking upon a 3-month, mini hair challenge called the “Reclaiming My Time, Reducing My Split Ends” 3-Month Hair Challenge. I explain the challenge in full detail below. If you like what you read and believe it will benefit your hair, PLEASE JOIN ME! 😀
Dates of the Challenge
- The challenge will start on June 15, 2018.
- The challenge will end on September 15, 2018.
The Two Goals of the Challenge
The purpose of this challenge is to accomplish TWO goals over the next three months:
- TO RECLAIM OUR TIME — specifically, to conduct concise wash days that do not require a lot of time (however much time “a lot” is to you individually) but still constitute excellent hair care . . . and . . . to wear our hair in styles that require no more than an average of 30 minutes of attention in the morning and 30 minutes of attention in the evening.
- TO REDUCE OUR SPLIT ENDS: To handle our hair’s ends such that they split as little as humanly possible given that they have not been hidden away in protective styling.
Free Form (Document) to Support Your Participation in The Challenge
For your convenience, please view and/or download the Reclaiming My Time, Reducing My Split Ends Hair Challenge Form (pdf) and/or Reclaiming My Time, Reducing My Split Ends Hair Challenge Form (.docx) form that supports the hair challenge. Please feel free to modify the .docx as you see fit.
How To Prepare for the Challenge
- Have your split ends trimmed off . . . or trim off your own split ends . . . in order to start off with a clean baseline.
- Think through the individualized, personalized regimen you will follow to “reclaim your time” and “reduce your split ends.” Write the regimen down so that it can be replicated consistently for the duration of the challenge — although please know that it is PERFECTLY fine to make wise adjustments to your regimen throughout the challenge as you deem prudent.
- Purchase whatever items (hair products, tools, etc.) that you feel you will need in order to follow the regimen that you choose/design.
Excellent Information about Split Ends To Help Us Get Started
- The creator of the Natural Haven Bloom blog — an amazing and high quality blog about the science of natural — has issued a web magazine about split ends! It is WELL WORTH your time to read it.Here is the link: https://issuu.com/thenaturalhaven/docs/naturalhavenmagapr
- Also, here are the results when I did a search at the Natural Haven Bloom blog for the phrase “split ends”: http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/search?q=split+ends. It yielded QUITE a few posts of hers, and several toward the end of the results are quite informative for regimen design purposes.
How To Join and Participate in the Challenge
- COMMENT AT THIS POST! 😀 :
To join, please use the comments section of this post to make it known that you have joined the challenge.
- BEGINNING LENGTH CHECK PHOTO(S):
On June 15 or within a few days of it, take a beginning LENGTH CHECK photo of your hair. There are several options for accomplishing this in a way that is useful. You could, for example, don a length check shirt and do a gentle pull of your hair in the back, on the left, and on the right and then note how far your hair reaches. ALTERNATIVELY, you could get an inexpensive BLANK WHITE t-shirt (from the dollar store, WalMart, etc.) and MAKE A MARK WITH A PERMANENT MARKER that indicates how long your hair stretches in the back, on the left, and on the right. Optional: Also get a close-up photo of your newly split-free ends.
- Estimate how long it typically takes you to do your wash day routine. Jot that time duration down.
- SET A NEW, REASONABLE YET CONCISE WASH DAY DURATION GOAL:
Choose a new, shorter wash day duration goal, e.g., “For the duration of the challenge, wash day will require 3 hours at the most,” and publicize it by commenting about it at this blog at the post entitled, “My New, Reasonable Yet Quite Concise Wash Day Duration Goal” (please click the post title to visit the post).
- For every wash day that occurs during the challenge, document how much time that wash day takes, from wash to completion of styling. Do NOT include the time you spend prepooing. (It shouldn’t count “against” anything and often occurs for hours and hours overnight, so we won’t factor that in.) As the challenge goes on, tweak and improve and update your regimen as you see fit.
- At the end of the challenge, on September 15 or within a few days of it, take an ending LENGTH CHECK photo of your hair in the same fashion as you took your beginning length check photo (see explanation above). Optional: Also get a close-up photo of your ends post-challenge.
Assess how you and your hair fared during the challenge! Compare your beginning and ending length check photos. Look at your wash day duration times, reflect, comment, and discuss at the appropriate post (that I will create in the future) at this blog.
Suggestions? Comments? Questions? Ideas?
If you have suggestions, comments, questions, and/or ideas, please share! I’m open to making improvements to make the challenge experience as best as it can be!
I’m so excited and so hype about this hair challenge! As of the writing of this post, we have two full weeks to design our regimens, obtain the supplies/items/products we need, and get our trims. If this challenge yields significantly faster yet healthy wash days and well-preserved ends, THAT’S A PERSONAL GAME CHANGER for each of us! Let’s get it, family! 😀
As always, thanks for stopping by the blog. AND MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS!
1 thought on “You Are Invited: The “Reclaiming My Time, Reducing My Split Ends” Mini Hair Challenge Starting June 15, 2018”