I have challenged myself to achieve significant goals by October 2021 in these 4 areas:
What Success at the 5-year Hair Challenge Is
- My hair is strong.
- My hair’s ends are healthy.
- My hair is full mid-back length (MBL) or beyond when stretched.
Progress at the Hair Challenge Is
- Preventing tangling and knots as much as possible
- Protective styling at night
- Preventing breakage: doing protein treatments on a wise schedule, keeping the hair hydrated and moisturized, etc.
- Keeping my ends healthy, protected, and moisturized
What Success at the 5-year Body/Fitness Challenge Is
- My weight is between 115 and 125 pounds.
- My stomach is flat and toned.
- I have cardiovascular fitness.
- I am exercising as a matter of course.
- My legs and arms are toned.
- I have a good level of flexibility.
Progress at the Fitness Challenge Is
- Eating approved foods on schedule
- Exercising according to schedule, 6 days a week
- Increasing my flexibility
- Losing 1-3 pounds/week until 115-125 pounds is reached
- Prepping food and snacks at night and packing them
What Success at the 5-Year Spirit/Soul Challenge Is
- I love and accept myself just the way I am.
- I know that God loves me just the way I am.
- I am living out the full Serenity Prayer.
- With intentionality, each day I purposely set myself up to succeed and to enjoy God’s blessing of life.
- I am doing complaint-free living.
- I live with a high Hope Quotient.
- I am comfortable and at peace with imperfect progress, as often that’s the only kind of progress that occurs! 🙂
- Maintaining healthy boundaries, I accept and love others, love being defined as “seeking a person’s well-being.”
Progress Spirit/Soul -Wise Is
- Wisely trusting
- Maintaining a good, healthy, wise, joyful, hopeful, and peaceful thought-life
- Loving God, self, and others: Attending to my relationships with appropriate boundaries, communication, and love
- Enjoying and loving this blessing of life that God has given me
- Praying the full Serenity Prayer each day and endeavoring to live it out
- Reading/studying appropriate materials
- Watching/hearing appropriate materials
- Requiring others to respect my endeavor to enjoy complaint-free living
What Success at the 5-Year Career Challenge Is
- I have completed prerequisite coursework for the new field.
- I have completed prerequisite work experience hours for the new field.
Progress Career-wise Is
- Daily doing, in each given moment, the most wise thing(s) I can do to make transitioning to my new career field possible
- Working peacefully in my current career while I am clearly doing what will result in my entering a new career field
- Understanding that I can make this late change and that it is okay for me to make this late change
- Operating with faith, patience, peace, enjoyment of the journey and process, and with grit
- Constantly anticipating and looking forward to the vast, vast, VAST benefits of accomplishing the career change